6 Tips For Cheese Lovers
1) Never store cheese in plastic wrap.
Plastic wrap will “suffocate” the cheese and will affect the taste of the cheese. Wrap in wax or parchment paper to allow airflow around the cheese.
2) Leave Ziploc bag a little open.
This allows for a little airflow.
3) Store in the warmest part of your fridge.
Storing cheese in the coldest compartment can freeze cheese. Store in the vegetable or butter compartment.
4) Double wrap stinky cheese.
These types of cheeses will last for 2-4 weeks in the fridge, but it’s recommended to consume within the first week of purchase.
5) Don’t be afraid to scrape off a little mold on aged cheese.
These cheeses only get better with age!
6) Wrap blue cheese in aluminum foil.
The older it gets, the more pungent it becomes. Wrapping the cheese in aluminum foil helps prevent moisture loss.
7) Never freeze your cheese!
Freezing cheese ruins its texture and flavor.