Transform ordinary party decorations into sweet cake toppers. For more DIY and recipe ideas, subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/BlogSubs
DIY Cake Toppers
1) Begin with one unassembled hanging paper fan. With a sharp pair of scissors, cut off the cardboard hanging tabs following the edge of the tissue.
2) Apply strong double-sided table along one side of the unassembled fan. Next, assemble the fan by expanding the two sides and gently but firmly pressing them together.
3) Place a one inch bead of white glue along one end of a lollipop stick or bamboo skewer and press it alongside one of the cut cardboard tabs on the assembled fan. Allow to dry for a few minutes and you've created your first cake topper!
4) Alter the size and shape of your cake toppers by not only cutting off the hanging cardboard tabs, but also cutting the end of the tissue on the unassembled fans. Consider cutting them into points or shorter and rounder petal shapes. Once you've trimmed the unassembled fan to your liking, go ahead and assemble as we did the first.
5) Arrange multiple toppers on your cake for a fun and festive presentation!