Never lose track of time again! Build your own clock to match your space within a matter of minutes. For more fun DIY projects, subscribe to the Kin Community YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/BlogSubs
DIY Clock Frame
1) Remove the backing, mat and glass from the picture frame. Discard the glass and the mat.
2) Trace the picture frame backing onto a piece of chipboard or heavy cardboard and cut along the trace lines with scissors.
3) Trace the picture frame backing onto a piece of decorative cardstock and cut along the trace lines with scissors. Glue the cut cardstock onto the cut chipboard and allow to dry.
4) Flip the chipboard over so that the decorative cardstock is face down. Using a ruler and a pencil draw lines connecting the opposing corners - the point at which these lines intersect is the center of the board. Using a screw punch or craft knife, create a small hole at this center point just large enough for the clock post to fit through.
5) Install the clock mechanism by placing the post through the hole and attaching the clock hands. Secure the mechanism to the back of the board with masking tape and install the clock battery. This creates the clock face.
6) Place the face into the picture frame and re-install the backing. Your clock is now ready to display! The depth of the shadow box frame allows you to set it on a surface or hang it on the wall. You can easily create a new clock face using a different decorative cardstock to fit your décor.