Looking to stand out from the rest? This fun DIY is a simple way to personalize stationary, wrapping paper, gift tags, you name it! For more unique project ideas, subscribe to the Kin Community YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/BlogSubs
How to Carve a Rubber Stamp
1) Print desired text or image and trace with a pencil. Place face down on carving block and burnish back to transfer image.
2) Slowly carve around image with fine point V-shaped carving tool. Rather than carve deep gouges, make multiple shallow passes. Remember that carving tools are very sharp, always carve away from your body and hands. Use a folded paper towel when changing the carving nibs to protect your fingers.
3) Remove larger 'negative space' around image with wider point U-shaped carving tool. Carve approximately ¼" x to ½" around your image and then cut away the excess using scissors or a craft knife.
4) Temporarily adhere carved stamp to a wood block with double stick tape.
5) Ink carved stamp and press onto paper cards & envelopes, creating stationery.
Helpful Notes: We used the Speedball Speedy Carve Stamp Making Kit which includes both the carving block and the carving tool with both V and U-shaped nibs.