I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Make your next party extra sweet with these sundae centerpieces topped with a bright red cherry. For more fun DIY projects, subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/BlogSubs
DIY Sundae Centerpiece
1) Cut a rectangle of your floral foam to fit snugly into your vase, extending about 2” above the opening of the vase. Place the cut floral foam in a bowl of water, allowing it to soak until saturated.
2) Press the soaked floral foam rectangle into your vase, allowing it to extend about 2” above the opening of the vase.
3) Utilizing the pruning shears, trim the stems of the carnations to about 2” in length.
4) Create a ring of pink carnations just above the opening of the vase, pressing the flower stems into the wet floral foam. This creates your “ice cream.” We used 6 to 7 pink carnations to create this ring, when using the ice cream cone vase shown in the video (source link in the materials list).
5) Next add a layer of white carnations above the pink carnations, pressing the flower stems into the wet floral foam. This creates your “whipped cream.”. We used 3 to 4 white carnations.
6) Hot glue a fake cherry onto the end of a bamboo skewer. Allow it to dry and then insert into the top center of the floral arrangement – pressing it down until the cherry sits just on top of the white flowers. You may need to trim the bamboo skewer to fit properly.