Microwaved Eggs Three Ways
1. Breakfast Omelette
Stuffed with veggies and topped with tasty cheddar, this zippy breakfast is packs a big punch.
- Chop up some of your favorite veggies and put them in a microwave safe bowl or mug. We recommend some red or orange bell pepper, red onion, and spinach. Pop in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and add 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1/2 tablespoon of cream and a dash of onion powder. Thoroughly mix and put back in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add a dash of paprika and cheddar cheese and allow to cool for a minute before enjoying.
2. Lunch Sandwich
Nothing satisfies those sad sandwich blues like a fresh egg!
- Crack two eggs, a tablespoon of cream and some onion salt into a microwave safe soup bowl. Scramble thoroughly before microwaving for 20 seconds.
- When you remove the bowl, you should see that the egg is only only part-way done. Try to flip over or redistribute the uncooked egg before putting back into the microwave for another 20 seconds so that nothing gets overcooked. Continue doing this until your egg is fully cooked.
- Use a large spoon to lift the egg out of the bowl and add it to your sandwich of choice. We like toasted marbled bread, mustard/mayo, avocado slices, butter lettuce, tomato, red onion slices, and cheddar cheese.
3. Dinner "Fried" Rice
Don't let your tastebuds fool you, there isn't actually anything fried about this rice!
- Add a handful of frozen peas, chopped cabbage, bell pepper, and green onion, to a cup of pre-cooked rice. Cover with plastic wrap and puncture a few times with a fork before microwaving for 1 minute.
- While the rice and veggies are nuking, scramble together 1 egg, a 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce, a 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, and a dash of onion salt.
- After a minute remove the rice from the microwave and pour in the egg batter, stirring thoroughly. Recover with plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds, allowing to sit in the microwave for an additional minute.
- Remove and fluff until fried rice reached desired texture. Add hot sauce to taste.